Last Updated on March 1, 2007
The information we gather falls into two categories: 1) personal information you voluntarily supply when you subscribe, order, complete a survey, register for an online discussion, enter a contest or provide your e-mail address, and 2) tracking information collected as you navigate through our sites.
Use of Information
* If you have registered online to one of our sites, The Guardian will not sell, rent, swap or authorize any third party to use your e-mail address without your permission. This also applies to any information that personally identifies you, except as noted immediately below. We do, however, share information about our audience in aggregate form. For example, we may want to know how long the average reader spends on our site, or which pages or features get the most attention.
* The Guardian may perform statistical analyses of subscribers and their subscribing and purchasing patterns for product development purposes and to generally inform advertisers about the nature of our subscriber base.
* We may use demographic and preference information to allow advertising on our Web sites to be targeted, in aggregate, to the users for whom they are most pertinent.
* We contract with other companies to provide services on our behalf, including credit-card and billing processing, e-mail distribution, list processing and analytics or promotions management.
* Any information you disclose when posting to a message board, along with your message board screen name or ID, becomes public and may be used by The Guardian for online and offline promotional or commercial uses in any and all media.
Your Privacy Choices
If, at any time, you prefer not to receive e-mail marketing information from us, simply follow the unsubscribe options at the bottom of each e-mail.
To view and edit your personal information, please visit the appropriate part of any of our Web sites.
How To Contact Us
For any questions or comments regarding our information or security practices, you may contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail at Ad Services Dept., 135 Mississippi St., San Francisco, CA 94107.
Most Commented On
- Another Lie - May 2, 2010
- Reality Dose - May 1, 2010
- I look at it this way - May 1, 2010
- All this talk of "unfunded - May 1, 2010
- Question For Arthur Evans - May 1, 2010
- Lynn Woolsey is an old Hippie ? - May 1, 2010
- Arthur Evans Continues To Mislead Through Omission - May 1, 2010
- The Talent - May 1, 2010
- Obstructing Sidewalks - May 1, 2010
- Oh, for heaven's sake, is it - May 1, 2010