A petition calling for legislation to legalize unlocking cell phones has passed the magic 100,000 mark, mandating a White House response -- and guess what? The Obama administration says it agrees that consumers should have the right to reprogram their phones to work on any carrier's network.
Sina Khanifar, a San Francisco entrepreneur, started this whole movement, and it's picked up steam quickly. Now, with the Obama administration on board, he just needs a member of Congress to introduce a bill overruling the Library of Congress and freeing the cell phones.
Rep. Pelosi, who represents San Francisco, would be an excellent choice to carry the legislation, no?
Most Commented On
- SF schools not geared for trades - May 23, 2013
- I do live in a place I can - May 23, 2013
- If your out of town workers - May 23, 2013
- I was there last night... - May 23, 2013
- Brick and Mortar, not Brick and Martyr - May 23, 2013
- True - May 23, 2013
- Johnny told the truth and - May 23, 2013
- Entertainment Commission - May 23, 2013
- Are you also afraid of your - May 23, 2013
- Good to have Johnny here - May 23, 2013