A San Francisco entrepreneur's petition to allow consumers to unlock their cell phones has gathered more than 100,000 signatures, and now the White House will have to offer an official response.
Sina Khanifar, who runs opensignal, has been pushing to overturn a recent ruling allowing cell phone companies to prevent people who want to switch carriers from changing the firmware that controls the device.
The campaign to convince the Obama administration and Congress to overturn the ridiculous ruling continues here.
Most Commented On
- These kind of solutions help - May 18, 2013
- complaining about right wingers - May 18, 2013
- ". With over one million - May 18, 2013
- Well, Jesus ain't letting you into - May 18, 2013
- "Currently, there is no - May 18, 2013
- Yes, it's called Newspeak: - May 18, 2013
- why is this MY - May 18, 2013
- Tell the Yakuza. - May 18, 2013
- Cutting off the nose to spite the face - May 18, 2013
- I'm guessing that you have never read 1984 - May 18, 2013