Jeremy Mykaels, who is featured in our story this week on Ellis Act evictions, is fighting back with his reseach and web-developer skills: He's put together a site, ellishurtsseniors.org, that details not only his story and the overall plight of tenants but lists every Ellis Act eviction involving seniors or disabled people, the address, the name and contact info. for the landlord -- and a call for potential TIC buyers to avoid those properties.
I hope this gets circulately widely -- and that people buying property consider the human costs of eviction.
Most Commented On
- JFC. The choice of manning - May 25, 2013
- You duplicated my posts to try and discredit me? - May 25, 2013
- Ah, good old Godwin. I knew - May 25, 2013
- There's a lot of empty space - May 25, 2013
- You want to blame me for a cheap comment system? - May 25, 2013
- There is that blackmail - May 25, 2013
- "But I just don’t understand - May 25, 2013
- No, the fight is with you. - May 25, 2013
- This guy is an intellectual midget - May 25, 2013
- Don't you tire of repeating - May 25, 2013