So let's get this straight:
Three lawsuits have been filed against the head of the Housing Authority. Some 30 staffers have complained about Alvarez to senior mayoral staffers. The HA even hired former City Attorney Louise Renne to investigate problems with Alvarez.
And Mayor Lee says he wasn't aware of the problems?
This is the kind of thing that used to happen under Willie Brown -- the mayor would hire cronies for top dollar, and defend them and brush aside charges of misbehavior. And I hate to see the same style happening under Lee.
Clearly, the two are pals, and I understand the urge to stand by your friends in public life, and at this point, we just have allegations -- maybe none of it is true, and maybe Renne will find that everything is just grand over at the Housing Authority. But the mayor ought to at least express concern.
And if this was all really happening without his knowledge, then his staff isn't doing a very good job of keeping him informed.
Either way, not a good scene in Room 200.
Most Commented On
- You've missed the point. No - May 25, 2013
- Street music - May 24, 2013
- Also in our club is a lawyer - May 24, 2013
- The very definition of risk - May 24, 2013
- I'm not the one who left that - May 24, 2013
- No one ever said the landlord - May 24, 2013
- The entire idea that moving - May 24, 2013
- Yes, I can. RC isn't going - May 24, 2013
- Except that I can afford it. - May 24, 2013
- Pot Ammiano Commedy - May 24, 2013