District 5 candidate London Breed has an amazing life story. She grew up in the Western Addition projects, living with her grandmother at a time when many of the people around her were killed or wound up in prison. She survived, went through public schools and UC Davis and now runs the African American Art and Culture Complex. She's served on the Redevelopment Commission, where she voted in favor of the Lennar project, and is now on the Fire Commission. "I am here as the result of progressive politics in this city," she said. She also talked about fiscal responsibility, and how it's good to have someone at City Hall "who knows the value of a dollar."
Listen to the full interview after the jump.
Most Commented On
- It's one of those cases where the law has not caught up with the - May 23, 2013
- Intolerance and hate? What am - May 23, 2013
- this is pretty hilarious.. It - May 23, 2013
- His "convince me" is meant as - May 23, 2013
- So the omnipresent authoritarian commenter - May 23, 2013
- Big difference between limiting subsidies, limiting takings - May 23, 2013
- Despite the many problems - May 23, 2013
- Well at least you got - May 23, 2013
- Agree, and in fact acceptance and tolerance have long been SF - May 23, 2013
- Where would the left be without an absolute conviction that - May 23, 2013