We're underway with our endorsement interviews for the November election, and I'll be posting the full sound file of all the interviews as we finish them (and as I have time to upload them). First up: Community College Board member John Rizzo, who is running for supervisor in District 5.
Rizzo told us he has the political experience to take on the district's, and the city's, tough problems. Among other things, he wants to eliminate the fund that developer pay into for affordable housing and require market-rate builders to construct affordable units on site. He discussed a "scientific approach" to managing Muni and wants a closer audit of the $600 million the city gives to nonprofits providing public services every year.
You can listen after the jump.
Most Commented On
- No, because most successful people do not cause any problems - June 18, 2013
- Richmondman, obviously if the SFH is a post-79 build then the - June 18, 2013
- The UK corporate tax rate is 21%. In Ireland it's 10%. - June 18, 2013
- Or what about that alleged 20 million lawsuit win? - June 18, 2013
- Sounds to me like an explanation, not an excuse. - June 18, 2013
- It's not the end of the world if someone somewhere - June 18, 2013
- wow. some of you are really - June 18, 2013
- In-laws are not subject to Rent Control - June 18, 2013
- Who is putting their family - June 18, 2013
- I really wish Bruce had given some of the $1.8 million - June 18, 2013