Tango is spicy music. It makes you think of deep red dresses, glasses of rich wine, and warm nights for taking a long walk with your lover. Although we didn’t have one-way tickets to Argentina, an evening with the Redwood Tango Ensemble at the intimate and tiny Red Poppy Art House made the audience feel like they were that much closer to the real deal.
This five-piece ensemble of passionate and talented musicians performed a mixture of well-known and danceable tango pieces, along with a selection of its very own originals, which were sometimes a little more dark and moody, but also very different from traditional tango, posessing a certain home-grown flavor.
To top it off, there was even some tango dancing to accompany the music, showing the beautiful collaboration that tango music can bring between musicians and dancers.
Most Commented On
- You've missed the point. No - May 25, 2013
- Street music - May 24, 2013
- Also in our club is a lawyer - May 24, 2013
- The very definition of risk - May 24, 2013
- I'm not the one who left that - May 24, 2013
- No one ever said the landlord - May 24, 2013
- The entire idea that moving - May 24, 2013
- Yes, I can. RC isn't going - May 24, 2013
- Except that I can afford it. - May 24, 2013
- Pot Ammiano Commedy - May 24, 2013