Want to try four more clothing-optional riverbank nooks on Big River? From Lilies Beach, walk downstream. Last season, the spots that were downstream were "maybe waist deep," reported regular visitor Brian. "At a few spots you can even jump into the water." Suggests Bill Johnson, of San Francisco, "Bring some old shoes you can wear for wading." We call these beaches Two Bends, Three Bends, Five Bends, and Six Bends.
Part of the Big River unit of Mendocino Headlands State Park.
Follow directions to Lilies, then walk two, three, five, and six bends downstream along the river, which at times resembles a creek.
Little riverbank sand shoals with cool water that may be shallow or moderately deep.
Probably just you.
Rocky river bottom; needs better directions; antinudity regulations may be enforced by state rangers in the future.
Select an Area:
Most Commented On
- My "personal account" - March 15, 2010
- A Dream come true. Someone - March 15, 2010
- Hope Johnson's name isn't - March 15, 2010
- 2010 Census - March 15, 2010
- The DCCC - March 15, 2010
- Pelosi and Sam the Troll - March 15, 2010
- Special elections - March 15, 2010
- Do we need cars? - March 15, 2010
- I had a good laugh when I - March 15, 2010
- The Scene in the Haight - March 15, 2010