All photos by Charles Russo
Fans of the Dodos flocked to the Great American Music Hall on Wednesday night, to catch the band’s final performance of its latest tour. It was a glorious homecoming played out before an adoring Bay Area crowd as Meric Long and company turned out a dynamic set that seamlessly alternated between quietly beautiful and downright fierce.
The band leaned heavily on material from its fifth album, Carrier, to deliver a dozen songs of its distinctive sound, and re-assert its status as one of San Francisco’s finest exports.
Most Commented On
- Great job here. I really - July 22, 2014
- Airbnb makes small admission on tax issue, saying its hosts - July 22, 2014
- The future of Piers 30-32 - July 22, 2014
- Awesome blog. I enjoyed - July 22, 2014
- Uber’s secret, “proprietary” insurance policy leaked - July 22, 2014
- Growth potential - July 22, 2014
- Natural selection - July 22, 2014
- Treading water - July 22, 2014
- Supes to vote on Avalos' "Let's Elect Our Elected Officials" - July 22, 2014
- Blurry portrait - July 22, 2014