Impertinent question: Will Mayor Lee take on the Bank of America for unethical behavior?
Mayor Ed Lee moved with lightning speed to suspend Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi without pay on misconduct charges and unethical behavior in a spousal abuse case and continue the costly, distracting, divisive media and City Hall circus.
Meanwhile, the Bank of America, an institution called "Too Crooked to Fail" by Rolling Stone, is responsible for 10 per cent of all foreclosures in San Francisco and the city keeps its lucrative multi-million dollar short term investment portfolio in the B of A. Matt Taibbi, the Rolling Stone investigative reporter on the story, said in a lengthy interview on the Democracy Now radio program Thursday morning that bailouts and fraud are the secrets to the B of A success. The B of A, he said, has defrauded "everyone from investors and insurers to homeowners and the unemployed." He said "most people think of the mortgage crisis as some airy abstraction--you know, bankers ripping off bankers. That's not what it is. It's bankers stealing from old ladies and retirees."
Impertinent question: So will Lee apply his new found standard of ethics to the Bank of America? See the Democracy Now clip on the Taibbi interview for specifics on B of A behavior:
Most Commented On
- Where's my car? - July 25, 2014
- Marcos is just pissed that - July 25, 2014
- You honestly believe that? - July 25, 2014
- PY, you're up early today! - July 25, 2014
- soccercomplex - July 25, 2014
- Say what? Maybe you should be - July 25, 2014
- The US government is morally bankrupt - July 25, 2014
- the heat in Walnut Creek - July 25, 2014
- Troll, why do you hate America? - July 25, 2014
- Hey, just because she is a Jewish "writer", it does not follow - July 25, 2014