Washed Out's Ernest Greene on stepping out from behind the computer
The first half of 2014 will see Washed Out touring nearly non-stop, including an appearance at Coachella. He's ready for it. He's energized by Paracosm, with its warm, lush instrumentation, its constructed sense of escapism — the album's title itself refers to the concept of a fantasy world. That correlates heavily with the newer record's vibrant visual art, he says, as opposed to the stark white design of 2011's Within & Without.
"This newer stuff is a lot more vibrant-feeling, so the colors seem to suit it well," he says. "It's all about the music. That will lead the way most of the time."
Jan 28-29, 8pm $25
1805 Geary, SF
Most Commented On
- YOU CAN GET YOUR EX BACK - April 21, 2014
- Economists aren't scientists - April 21, 2014
- FKGFQsDkCAk - April 21, 2014
- wniMrlRMROVy - April 20, 2014
- a good man that also help me - April 20, 2014
- Also... It may be legal, but - April 20, 2014
- dsvVcLzJDG - April 20, 2014
- TESTIMONIES OF SPELL CASTERS - April 20, 2014
- I live in the Mission, on - April 20, 2014
- WYsRgVClJdtNwFaK - April 20, 2014