All the New Year's Eve parties you need to get your ring-a-ding-ding on in style
SUPER EGO Hey, hey, hey — it's that time again — New Year's Eve comes hard upon us. Avoid the amateur hour on the streets and duck (sauce) into these warm ragers. All parties below take place Tue/31. Find more rockin' NYE shindigs here and general fun events here. Clink!
Damn, I love this performer, who makes live hip-hop and '90s big-room beats at lightning speed — and knows how to get a crowd up. He's with DJ Apollo and St. John at Temple's grand three-room NYE.
9pm-4am, $50–$60. Temple, 540 Howard, SF. www.templesf.com
Hundreds of hot fat, furry, friendly gay guys dancing 2013 right out the door — how 'bout it? With DJs Paul Goodyear and Matt Stands.
9pm-late, $20 advance. Beatbox, 314 11th St, SF. www.bearracuda.com
"Pop the Pork" with drag goddess Juanita More and Sidekick on the decks, plus hostess with the mostest chicharrones Walter, at fashionable gay sex dungeon the Powerhouse. Lots of flesh and pretty mess.
9pm-2am, $5–$10. Powerhouse, 1347 Folsom, SF. www.powerhouse-sf.com
BIG QUEER NYE
The gorgeous House of Babes presents this pink hip-hop blowout, hosted by Kelly Lovemonster and Krylon Superstar, with tunes by DJs Pink Lightning, Rapidfire, Boyfriend, Jenna Riot, davO, and more. Get on it!
9pm-late, $10 advance. f8, 1192 Folsom, SF. bigqueernye.eventbrite.com
Let's mash all that 2013 ish up and fire only positive vibes — and kooky costumes! — into next year. DJ Adrian and Mysterious D's inimitable mashup party pulls out all the stops. The theme of this four-room banger? Sh!t show, of course.
9pm-late, $30–$40. DNA Lounge, 375 11th St, SF. www.dnalounge.com
Lezzies! Queers! Friends! Lend me your New Years: This party at too-cute dyke bar the Lexington will cause you enough fun trouble for the rest of 2014. With DJs Footy and Janine Da Feen.
9pm-2am, free. Lexington Club, 3464 19th St, SF. www.lexingtonclub.com
My favorite rapper of the moment brings his goofball cheer and anarchic antics to Mezzanine — who knows what's gonna happen? With Traxamillion and Flatbush Zombies.
9pm-late, $45–$85. Mezzanine, 444 Jessie, SF. www.mezzaninesf.com
The name of this party is far less creative than the wonderful music that will be playing — and that everyone will sing along to. Special guest: Kurt Harland from Information Society! Any guesses as to what they'll play at midnight? (My money's on the Human League's "Fascination" — but you know Kurt will probably have to play "Pure Energy.")
9pm-4am, $20. Cat Club, 1190 Folsom, SF. www.sfcatclub.com
Aw, who can resist the sweet, disco-haunted catchiness of this live NYC duo, who met cute in seventh grade. Fun, dancey times.
9pm, $30. Independent, 628 Divisadero, SF. www.theindependentsf.com
Most Commented On
- thanks to Drumututemple@yahoo.com a temple of solution - April 23, 2014
- The article clearly says that - April 23, 2014
- A SPELLCASTER WHO CAN BRING ERIC BROOKS TO TEARS! - April 23, 2014
- An amazing testimony on a spell caster who brought my wife back - April 23, 2014
- HOW I GOT MY EX LOVE BACK,THAT LEFT ME FOR THE PAST FOUR MONTHS - April 23, 2014
- THIS IS MY TESTIMONY ABOUT THE GOOD WORK OF Dr ATILA - April 23, 2014
- MY SPELLCASTER SHUT UP JASON GRANT GARZA! - April 23, 2014
- i am filled with joy in my heart thank you doctor ogogodu for yo - April 23, 2014
- ABC7's pedestrian safety coverage courts controversy - April 23, 2014
- It's extremely rare that a revenue increase is willingly - April 23, 2014