- This Week
For $26, I gained 2,500 followers -- and you can, too! Adventures in being fake popular on Twitter
01.08.13 - 6:07 pm | Caitlin Donohue |
Donohue's Twitter profile, with newly perky follower count thanks to a $26 investment in fake relevance
"Is it ethical to recall all of the gold and silver in the world's currency and hand out worthless paper in its place?" wrote Prescott in a somewhat distractionary paragraph that left me with rather more questions than less. "Is it ethical to allow collateral damage in war, in the form of woman and children? Is it ethical to take the citizens' guns and leave them defenseless against a tyrannical government? Bottom line, ethical'ness' is different for everyone in regards to their perspective on the matter."
Delgado stuck closer to the point, inasmuch as celebrities are always the point.
"I believe it is ethical only because Celebrities [all capitalization Delgado's own] have been doing this for years. Way before companies like ours started offering these services, it was exclusively only offered to Top Notch Celebs. It isn't hard to see that it would be very difficult for someone to compete in an industry where only the Elite were allowed to use these services. I am helping to close the barrier."
I liked Delgado's egalitarian thinking. Hell, if I was willing to spend another $1,500 on bot love, I could be the next Mitt Romney.
Most Commented On
- There may be a reason to believe that the Controller is wrong - July 30, 2014
- But he's correct. There was zero signs of any improvement in - July 30, 2014
- GhQLLEORLDZK - July 30, 2014
- Mirk's greatest achievement is to change the phone tariff? - July 30, 2014
- Nope, I was merely explaining to you the rights you have in - July 30, 2014
- Since SFMTA reports to the mayor, the distinction is moot - July 30, 2014
- marcos does not wish to believe that the Twitter tax break was a - July 30, 2014
- So are you claiming that the controller's Office is lying? - July 30, 2014
- The Controller is now Omniscent? - July 30, 2014
- Post hoc ergo propter hoc. - July 30, 2014