- This Week
For $26, I gained 2,500 followers -- and you can, too! Adventures in being fake popular on Twitter
01.08.13 - 6:07 pm | Caitlin Donohue |
Donohue's Twitter profile, with newly perky follower count thanks to a $26 investment in fake relevance
"Is it ethical to recall all of the gold and silver in the world's currency and hand out worthless paper in its place?" wrote Prescott in a somewhat distractionary paragraph that left me with rather more questions than less. "Is it ethical to allow collateral damage in war, in the form of woman and children? Is it ethical to take the citizens' guns and leave them defenseless against a tyrannical government? Bottom line, ethical'ness' is different for everyone in regards to their perspective on the matter."
Delgado stuck closer to the point, inasmuch as celebrities are always the point.
"I believe it is ethical only because Celebrities [all capitalization Delgado's own] have been doing this for years. Way before companies like ours started offering these services, it was exclusively only offered to Top Notch Celebs. It isn't hard to see that it would be very difficult for someone to compete in an industry where only the Elite were allowed to use these services. I am helping to close the barrier."
I liked Delgado's egalitarian thinking. Hell, if I was willing to spend another $1,500 on bot love, I could be the next Mitt Romney.
Most Commented On
- Can't say I think it matters much either way. - May 20, 2013
- Americans are willing to take a chance to hit the jackpot. - May 20, 2013
- If you live, work, vote, send - May 20, 2013
- Tim - what's the floor limit you'll allow then for residents - May 20, 2013
- Keep your eyes peeled for - May 20, 2013
- Howard Stern just bought a WPB, FLA home for 52 million. - May 20, 2013
- Social mobility and - May 20, 2013
- This is unfortunate indeed - May 20, 2013
- Henri Le Chat Noir - May 20, 2013
- Fair points. Bur perhaps San Francisco just isn't big enough to - May 20, 2013