"Meteorillogically, I had never seen anything like it."
OK, maybe one food-related thing, since we have space. Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland. There's one on either side of the Williamette River, but the "Too" in Buckman has shorter lines. We got a maple bacon doughnut. I liked it quite finely, but Chicken Farmer claims there are better ones right here.
I would tell you where, but she never took me so I can't remember the name. Anyway, the Portland version was a couple of long strips of cold, well-done bacon lounging atop a hole-less, maple icing-blanketed log of fried dough. And the mystical SF version is circular and holed and apparently the bacon is crumbled and softer, so as to release more of its salty, meaty goodness into the sweet maple layer.
Either way: yum.
Most Commented On
- They're attempting to appeal - May 25, 2013
- End time - May 25, 2013
- Nope, the "other side" actually want the poeple to have the - May 25, 2013
- show times - May 25, 2013
- Advice on Seats - May 25, 2013
- The GOP were also written off in 2008 when Obama won and then - May 25, 2013
- "We never miss a chance to prove how politically savvy we are" - May 25, 2013
- Some do; some don't. - May 25, 2013
- Because they don't want to admit they're the patsies. - May 25, 2013
- My bad. Apologies to the real Starchild. - May 25, 2013