Supergroup Uzi Rash plots its own demise for the end of 2012
By the time you read this, their last performance will have come and gone and Nordile will have screamed along to "I'm a Trashbag" with the deepest conviction. Oakland has long served as a gritty breeding ground for so many acts that never got their fair due or enough recognition, but with Uzi Rash, we recognize their ability to put Dylan in self-deprecating drag, to recycle a riff, rip a melody (sometimes a whole song title straight up), but to put their own "beach squelch shimmy" spin on it and make it exciting.
"Rock'n'roll has been mostly boring white boys with guitars. I am too, but I realize it and strive to acknowledge it and move on." With that we take the boogie or, booji, as he'd say in stride and wait while Nordile casually contemplates his next music project because five years is up.
Most Commented On
- What this map shows is that - May 23, 2013
- maybe the planning commission - May 23, 2013
- who's being a bigot now - May 23, 2013
- but saying that is simply rude - May 23, 2013
- ..."And so it goes"... - May 23, 2013
- Great stuff, Johnny. Keep up the good work. - May 23, 2013
- Car parts are very delegate - May 23, 2013
- "The people you describe" ... - May 23, 2013
- I already saw many blogs but - May 23, 2013
- "Manhattanization" is not what makes a town boring! - May 22, 2013