Obama's sudden nod to "states' rights" somehow doesn't include medical marijuana
"Pelosi was good to put that statement out, but now we need the next step of changing federal law," Ammiano said.
David Goldman, a representative of Americans for Safe Access patient advocacy group who serves on the city's Medical Cannabis Task Force, called Obama's double-standard hypocritical: "If Obama is affirming federalism and states rights, then he's inconsistent with state-regulated medical marijuana."
But Goldman also said, "Why should we be surprised that politicians take contradictory positions on issues?"
Most Commented On
- Hooker ads - June 18, 2013
- You're missing something on this story - June 18, 2013
- search engine: San - June 18, 2013
- Apple only does those totally legal actions because the - June 18, 2013
- Disagree. The banks had to be saved. But GM? No way. - June 18, 2013
- You got to be fucking kidding me. - June 18, 2013
- Didn't really matter either way. - June 18, 2013
- Not really...just ask Apple - June 18, 2013
- It wasn't a cost problem. it was a revenue problem. - June 18, 2013
- Really, marcos? - June 18, 2013